Thursday, August 13, 2009

Technorati and Twittorati

Clicking on the links on the navigation bar exposed me to blogs I would never have come across while just surfing the net. I will use this site occasionally to find out who is blogging about an interest that I may have. Then I would follow their blogs for a while.

I tried a few keyword searches on both the search box on the homepage and then moved onto the advanced search facility. As expected phrase searching and searching by authority got fewer results than just keyword searching which used the AND connector.

I had to laugh when I looked at the popular searches. From the time I started using the internet, I have noticed that Jennifer Aniston and Paris Hilton always make the list!

I looked at Technorati a long long time ago. I dont remember a link for Twittorati then....maybe its old age, or maybe that link was not there at all. In the end I decided that I will look at Twittorati again this weekend. I really dont want to be overwhelmed with information.

I have also decided that I will open an account at Technorati so that I can claim another blog that I have. Its a great facility, so why not make use of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment